Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for an Engagement Manager to join the team and work with our customers in the Public Sector (Defence & Policing)
The SAS Engagement Manager manages engagements with customers and is responsible for resulting services revenue. Leads sales and business development efforts for broad range of consulting services, such as implementation delivery of industry solutions, standalone services for analytics, modeling, reporting and data management services, IT administration support and managed services, deployment support and management, business consulting, cloud services and analytics advisory. Develops and maintains relationships with customers and software sales channel to ensure a consistent cohesive and comprehensive message to our customers.:
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for developing business and creating consulting engagement opportunities with customer stakeholders (IT and business/ enablers and practitioners) to ensure enablement of assigned customers
- Build long-term relationships through competence, trust and credibility with stakeholders and executives across the customer’s organization.
- Create a vision and articulate the value of Consulting Services to CXO level customer stakeholders
- Prepare and deliver presentations to senior management (CXO) levels
- Assist in evaluation of territory or account potential; uses BASE or Strategic selling methodology, pipeline management and forecasting to identify accounts with high “close” potential, qualifies, and forecasts time frames to close business.
- Manage services related revenue target including opportunity pipeline/funnel development, risk assessment, cost/benefit analysis as well as forecast signed services revenue and resource requirements for proposed services engagements
- Proactively develop and execute services sales strategies to drive software-related and also software-independent standalone services revenue
- Act as the Lead Consultant responsible for managing new and on-going services opportunities in strategic accounts that are beneficial to SAS as well as to the Customer
- Spend 50-60% of time in person onsite with customer stakeholders (after the Covid crises is over)
- Be part of account teams, work closely with account managers, pre-sales and executives to facilitate timely response to highly qualified, high revenue potential leads
- Resolving conflict between the proposal team and other organizational units in a satisfactory manner, including engaging management as necessary
- Maintaining an individual training plan on key SAS technology and solutions together with an awareness of current services capabilities and offers
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a person who has
- excellent knowledge of service sales techniques and experience in service sales
- will be able to analyze and evaluate territory dynamics to develop and implement a sales plan.
- experience and network in the Public Sector
- As the successful candidate you will be good at problem-solving and have conflict resolution negotiation, decision making and interpersonal skills.
- You will be able to initiate projects coupled with the ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently.
- good knowledge of IT concepts and IT architecture
- Fluency in German and English
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
When you join the SAS Institute DACH Professional Services Division (PSD), you become part of a highly skilled and ambitious team of more than 100 experts. In our teams, we solve critical business analytics challenges and provide superior client services for the largest local and international companies and public organizations across the DACH region and globally.
In SAS Institute DACH PSD, we give you freedom of initiative and provide steep learning curves for self-starting professionals. We encourage and support you to suggest innovative solutions that can benefit our clients as they become increasingly analytics-driven.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it – and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant’s education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action